【From Apr. 20th (Fri) 12:00】Let's keep an eye on the first collision of the SuperKEKB, the world's most-powerful accelerator !
The world’s most-powerful accelerator “SuperKEKB” began its operation last month. We will livestream the moment of the 1st collision, when electrons and positrons meet for the first time with this newborn machine.
On last April, we livestreamed the unification of the SuperKEKB accelerator and the Belle II detector with commentary of scientists which took over eight hours. This time we will go beyond. Since no one know when the 1st collision might happen, we decided to livestream until then.
Keep your eyes open and let’s enjoy the delighted moment together !
Overview of the livestream
- Title Let’s keep an eye on the first collision of the SuperKEKB, the world’s most-powerful accelerator !
- Date from Apr. 20th (Fri) 12:00 until the 1st collision happens
Live streaming URL
- 4/20〜 http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv312372695
- 4/23〜 http://live2.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv312661713
- 4/26〜 http://live2.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv312711315
The program may be changed/postponed/cancelled according to various circumstances.
We will livestream from the Belle II shiftroom at B3 floor of the Tsukuba experimental hall. During lunchtime (12:00 - 13:00 UTC+09), we will have commentary on the experiment with researchers.
- 12:00 - 13:00 LIVE streaming
- 17:00 - 18:00 recorded streaming
- 22:00 - 23:00 recorded streaming